Question: Mr. Jason mentioned that 67% of traffic goes to the top 3…the other 33% goes where, to the paid ads?
Answer: Yes, while we do not have entirely accurate information, there have been several leaks over the years that the lion’s share of traffic goes to the top three results. As for where the rest of it goes, I am sure it is divided among the other page elements.
Unfortunately, Google isn’t about to release this information publically. Probably because it would show just how effective the FREE SEO is vs. the paid advertising. I love Google, but they are a business and their real business isn’t search – it’s getting advertisers to advertise, and people to click on those ads.
Got a question? Click this link to email Jason or call 888-993-1122. Dr. Jason McDonald is founder and Senior SEO / Social Media Director of the JM Internet Group. He teaches the SEO training classes for the group, and therefore provides most of the SEO tips for this blog. His goal with this blog is to provide an easy 'one-stop shop' for the busy marketer looking for tips, tricks, and secrets on how to get to the top of Google and Bing for free using proven SEO tactics. When not dreaming up SEO tips, Dr. McDonald lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife, two dogs, a cat, four iguanas and twelve children (just kidding). Really you read down to the bio on this guy? Enjoy the blog.
on SEO | AdWords | Social Media